Important Message From Westhills Veterinary Clinic
April 1, 2021
Dear Valued Clients,
We hope this update finds you, your family and your pets safe and healthy, as we continue to work through this unprecedented time and the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate your understanding during these challenging times as we continue to deliver veterinary services and care while protecting the health of all our staff, clients and pets. We continue to implement strict infection prevention and control practices with regular cleaning and disinfection and have increased our sanitation protocols in our public areas. We are working closely with our team to ensure that anyone who is not feeling well understands that we support them staying home. Regarding clinic operations, we have implemented the following temporary changes, in order to protect the health of our clients, as well as the health of our staff.
In an effort to reduce exposure to our staff and our clients, we have restricted client access to the clinic.
• We are not accepting walk-in traffic.
• We request you contact us by phone, prior to coming to the clinic, to book an appointment for your pet. Once this appointment has been arranged, we ask that you remain in your vehicle upon arrival to the clinic, for your scheduled appointment, and call us from your mobile device. Our staff will come out to retrieve your pet curbside, while you remain in the parking lot until the appointment is complete.
• One of our veterinarians will call you to discuss their examination findings and
recommendations, please be readily available to take this important call.
• Once your pet has been examined and a plan has been agreed upon with your veterinarian, we will return your pet to you curbside and deliver any medications, or supplies, that may be required, in the same method.
• We are currently not accepting cash payments, but continue to accept debit and credit cards and request you make arrangements with our staff for payment over the phone, at the completion of the appointment.
• In extenuating circumstances, special permission may be given for a client to accompany their pet into the clinic. We ask clients, entering the clinic, to wear a face covering and if they do not have one, we will provide one.
We request that our clients continue to observe direction from Alberta Health Services and practice appropriate social distancing. We ask clients not visit our veterinary practice in person if:
- they have recently returned from travel outside Canada
- they are feeling ill or exhibiting respiratory illness signs
- they have been in contact with an individual that has tested positive for COVID-19.
PET FOOD & MEDICATIONS:
If your pet requires food, or medications, please call us first to request these items. We continue to request 24 hours notice for prescription refills. We will arrange pre-payment by credit card, or debit card, and request you do curbside pickup. Alternatively, you may order food, treats and other items by setting up an account at our online store and registering at whvc.clientvantage.ca.
Please note that until further notice, our doors will remain locked to clients, as we continue to follow direction from our professional association, the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association.
Finally, thank you for your patience and understanding when calling the clinic, our staff are doing their very best to provide excellent client service and veterinary care. If you have any questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us at 403-242-9612, or email us at email@example.com.
On behalf of our clinic staff and families, we hope you and your families continue to stay safe and healthy.